We consider, we advise, we support
Settlement of Disputes
Representation before the European Court of Human Rights
Legal support of the NGOs and non-profit projects
There are situations when a dispute between the parties can be resolved only by going to court. Dexis Partners team includes experienced lawyers and attorneys, who effectively represent and protect the client’s interests in the court with the ability to perform:
- assessment and counseling on the prospects of making an application to the judiciary;
- maintenance of pre-trial settlement between the parties;
- preparation of a statement of claim and procedural documents;
- representation in the judicial authorities of all instances;
- representation in the European Court of Human Rights.
Effective communication with government agencies is an important aspect of successful business projects. Based exclusively on ethical and professional standards and with due regard to requirements of legislation, Dexis Partners professionals can effectively establish transparent cooperation and contacts with state and local authorities.
- represent the client’s interests in state and local government bodies;
- set the client’s contacts up with the state and local authorities necessary for carrying out business projects;
- provide advice on strategies for cooperating with state authorities in the framework of business projects;
- present and lobby for business projects in state and local government bodies;
- study regulatory policy in the areas in which the client’s projects are implemented.
All services are provided exclusively in accordance with the legislation, categorically without the use of corrupt methods and other illegal practices.
The issue of data protection often occurs in business processes, particularly in the IT and medical service industries. Special attention has been given to this issue owing to the introduction of the GDPR – a new regulation on the protection of personal data in the European Union. Dexis Partners lawyers have experience in supporting data protection projects since 2013 and are able to provide a professional advice in this area in accordance with the internal processes and needs of the client and the requirements of the EU GDPR.
As part of this practice, we:
- conduct an initial assessment of the data protection state and the client’s needs;
- provide consultations on specific issues related to the protection of personal data;
- develop Data Protection Agreements in accordance with the needs of the client;
- develop internal Data Protection Policies and procedures for the protection of personal data;
- provide counseling on the creation of the Data Protection Officer position, develop relevant job descriptions and hold training sessions;
- provide support for client representation on data protection in the EU zone;
- provide incident support.
Intellectual property is a valuable asset and proper protection of IP rights involves both optimizing its usage within projects and your business value growth. Dexis Partners properly process the registration of IP rights in Ukraine, the EU, and the U.S. and provide them with further protection.
This practice includes such services as:
- registration of trademarks, copyrights, and other objects of intellectual property;
- representation of the Client’s interests concerning the IP rights in relations with state bodies, business partners, etc.;
- counseling on the registration of IP rights in Ukraine, the EU and its member states and the United States;
- support in the sale and transfer of the IP rights;
- development of license agreements and documents for franchising;
- protection of IP rights against improper use.
The Ukrainian IT sector development has been very dynamic in recent years and it is a key industry for Dexis Partners lawyers. Our specialists have significant experience in providing services to IT business clients – both in the legal support of specific projects and in the legal aspects of the IT companies current activities.
We are ready to provide IT business services for:
- corporate and tax structuring of the IT business, including foreign elements;
- development of contracts necessary for successful ongoing activities, in particular, software development agreements, non-disclosure agreements, etc.;
- data protection;
- protection of IP rights and the transfer of copyright to software;
- providing advice in regard to the ongoing activities of IT companies.
Despite the large number of legal offers and solutions for IT businesses available on the market, so as to guarantee your business protection and sustainability, the services should be customized according to the needs of the company and project. Dexis Partners specialists effectively provide the relevant services, taking into account the needs of your business and the actual legal requirements.
The success of a business and its operation depends on the legal approaches which are applied to its structuring and management. The Dexis Partners team provides quality advice on creating and building a corporate business model, drafting contracts, carrying out maintenance of changes in the management and constituent structure, and working with foreign jurisdictions.
We offer the following services:
- establishment of legal entities in accordance with the legislation of Ukraine;
- drafting of statutory documents, shareholder agreements, internal regulations, and policies;
- conducting an audit of the corporate structure of Clients with conclusions and recommendations for potential improvement;
- providing advice for establishing a business structure and corporate governance;
- legal support for the sale of the business, changes in the composition of founders, etc.;
- structuring a business in foreign jurisdictions.
In the process of the business project development in Ukraine, there may be a need to solve migration issues, particularly in cases of investment in Ukraine and the employment of foreign specialists. Dexis Partners lawyers provide all necessary support and effectively organize the needed procedures in this regard. They may:
- provide counseling on the provisions of the migration law of Ukraine;
- obtain a work permit for a foreign specialists in Ukraine and related services (identification tax number, etc.);
- obtain a temporary residence permit in Ukraine;
- act as representatives in regard to migration issues in front of state authorities;
- provide counseling on the procedures of migrating to the US and Canada.
Tax aspects are one of the key issues of any business operation. Optimal tax structure and effective cooperation with fiscal authorities is a guarantee of the stability and success of business activities.
Our specialists provide a wide range of tax law services. In particular, they:
- advise on tax models for natural persons and legal entities in Ukraine and abroad;
- carry out tax planning and optimize the customer’s tax burden;
- perform registration of the tax status of the client with the fiscal authorities;
- provide support for tax audits and appeal the results;
- act as representatives of the business when communicating with the fiscal authorities and make appeals against their actions.
Dexis Partners lawyers provide effective legal support of cases pending before the European Court of Human Rights. Having considerable experience in working with public international law and European law, we are able to assess the prospects of application to Strasbourg and prepare all the necessary documents.
As a part of this practice we:
- assess the prospects of making a successful application to the European Court of Human Rights;
- advise on specific aspects of training and treatment procedures;
- prepare a statement to the European Court of Human Rights and supporting documents;
- ensure the procedures for submitting an application in regard to the priority, full or partial anonymity and confidentiality of files;
- file a petition for taking interim measures;
- communicate with the European Court of Human Rights when considering an application, preparing responses to comments and formulating requirements for just satisfaction;
- provide support for friendly settlement procedures;
- provide support for the execution of the decision of the European Court of Human Rights in Ukraine.
- registration of non-governmental organizations of various organizational forms (NGOs, associations, charitable foundations, etc.);
- registration of nonprofit status for non-governmental organizations in the Tax Service of Ukraine;
- consulting on the legal aspects of the process of carrying out grant projects;
- consulting on reporting on the results of the implementation of grant projects.