The issue of data protection often occurs in business processes, particularly in industries such as the IT and medical service industries. Special attention has been given to this issue owing to the introduction of the GDPR – a new regulation on the protection of personal data in the European Union – which came into force on 25 May 2018. Dexis Partners lawyers have experience in supporting data protection projects since 2015 and are able to provide professional advice in this area in accordance with the internal processes and needs of the Client and the requirements of the EU GDPR.
As part of this practice, we:
- conduct an initial assessment of the state of data protection and the needs of the Client;
- provide consultations on specific issues related to the protection of personal data;
- develop Data Protection Agreements in accordance with the needs of the Client;
- develop internal Data Protection Policies and procedures for the protection of personal data;
- provide counseling on the creation of the position of the Data Protection Officer, develop relevant job descriptions, [and] hold training sessions;
- provide support for client representation on data protection in the EU zone;
- provide incident support.